[ale] Cable Modem and TV Tuner Card

Ray Prock rprock at damage.com
Thu Aug 19 13:28:49 EDT 1999

The other question is if she was a subscriber to their broadband service
before this.  Best means to tell is if they brought a new converter as well
as modem.  The phrasing below is not very clear as it implies that his mere
presence caused the tuner card to fail.  Did he install hardware, or just
the cable modem?
I go through comcast, and already had a nic.  Not a single problem.

Oh, and as to the digital service....  if true, she is going to need the
decoder to do the work, channel switching will be handled by that.