[ale] Cable Modem and TV Tuner Card

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu Aug 19 10:22:00 EDT 1999

> My sister said that when the technician came to install her MediaOne
> Cable Modem that she could no longer use her TV Tuner Card.  She argued
> briefly and then asked him to leave and take his $@#@# Modem with him.
> I think it should run both.  The TV Tuner card is just another TV.
> Yes, it will connect to the COAX before the modem, but it should work.
> Am I right?  Can anyone shed some light on this?

The TV card just grabs the same stuff off the COAX as a TV.  Is the
problem that the TV card is no longer seen by the system, or that when you
launch the app you just get static as the tv display?

I have an ATI all-in-wonder 128 in my machine, and I had to do a lot of
bios tweaking to get rid of all the IRQ conflicts after I put my network
card back in.

Depending on which the problem was would dictate where to go from there.