[ale] cdrecord creates cd readable on Linux/NT NOT Win95?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Aug 19 08:29:45 EDT 1999

"Michael H. Warfield" wrote:

>         Make sure you also add the "-pad" option to cdrecord any time

I was able to get it to work on a windows box that has a 32x cdrom, but
not able to get it to work on another machine that has a 2x cdrom.  I
was using some 'off brand' cd-rw discs.  I then pulled out a Hi-val cd-r
and burned it.  It works on both the 32x and 2x.  I don't know if the
difference is the quality of the cd or the fact that one is a cd-rw and
the other is a cd-r.... ???

>         I reported it to Microsoft and I think they fixed it in SP5 (maybe).

SP5?  I've not kept up with the SPs on 95, I guess I ought to get busy
installing them as well.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl