[ale] Multisession CD's under Linux

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Wed Aug 18 23:23:14 EDT 1999

Check out the next release of X-CD-Roast.  It will do
multi-session and alot more.  I haven't gotten an ETA yet,
but hopefully it will be soon.

I've only made one coaster under the current version of
X-CD-Roast and that's because I made the mistake of STARTING
netscape while already burning.  I have been able to run
netscape, compile a kernel and untar off a tape on the same
controller as my burner, all at once, while burning with it.

Robert

Thus spake Chris Fowler (cfowler at zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com):

> I'm looking for a way to copy multisession CD's under Linux.
> I do not want to copy from CD to CD but just to copy from CD
> to HDD.  I then put on tape for backup.  I use CD's and tend
> to scratch them so I prefer to make a backup copy of a CD and
> then make a CD from the backup.  I then use the backup.  One
> good example is for street navigation CD's.  I use them often
> and have been screwed by scratched media on the masters.  I'm
> trying to make a backup of a PC game called Redneck Rampage.
>  An old game.  It has a data track and several audio tracks.
>  Usually I would use command:
>
> dd if=/dev/cdrom of=Name.iso bs=2048
>
> I believe that gets data track but not audio tracks.  How can
> I acomplish this under Linux?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Fowler
>

> ----------------
> Christopher Fowler
> cfowler at zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com
>
> -----
> MailStart Plus - http://www.mailstartplus.com
> Consolidate Your Mailboxes Into an Organized, Filtered, Spell-Checked,
> Anywhere, Anytime WebBox

Robert L. Harris                |   "A person is smart;
Senior System Administrator     |        People are dumb, panicky
  at Global Commerce Systems.    \_            dangerous animals"  - Agent K

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: