[ale] cdrecord creates cd readable on Linux/NT NOT Win95?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Aug 18 06:27:55 EDT 1999

Tony Scalzitti wrote:

> Well as I remember Win95 has a prob. with multi-session CD's due to a bug in
> its vfs layer for CD ROM's.  This could be the problem, not to mention the
> fact that most MS bugs are far more wide reaching then just one error msg.

It wasn't a multi-session cd, but I figured it out, I think.  I was
creating the image using mkisofs, which apparently does not have the
Joliet support as I had previously stated.  I used mkhybrid to create a
new image that has the Joliet support and the disk is now accessible via
win95.  Weird thing is, when I first got my cd writer, I copied an
existing windows disk using mkisofs and it works fine.  Whatever...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com