[ale] [aankerholz at sf-mail.mfi.com: Sys Admin call for papers]

Chris Farris chrisfatroom17.com
Mon Aug 16 18:04:08 EDT 1999

Sysadmin will _pay_ $350 for articles.

Chris

----- Forwarded message from Amber Ankerholz <aankerholz at sf-mail.mfi.com> -----
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:18:28 -0700
 From: aankerholz at sf-mail.mfi.com (Amber Ankerholz)
Subject: Sys Admin call for papers
To: chris at linuxshowcase.org

     Hi Chris,

     It was nice seeing you at LinuxWorld. As we discussed, below are the
     upcoming topics (identified by Ralph Barker) from the Sys Admin call
     for papers. Please forward to anyone who might like to write for the
     magazine.

     For those interested in contributing, I suggest first sending a
     proposal in the form of an outline of the article. Please email all
     proposals to me at: aankerholz at mfi.com

     I'll send your t-shirt shortly! Let me know if you need anything else.

     Amber

     Amber Ankerholz
     Managing Editor, Sys Admin
     aankerholz at mfi.com

     Networking - December 1999
     Proposals due: August 1, 1999
     Manuscripts due: September 1, 1999

     Implementing a Storage Area Network - The practicalities of installing
     and managing high-bandwidth storage over a 10km radius

     Do SANS need more time? - VPNs and how to manage the tunnel trolls
     that get in the way of your road warriors

     Gigabit Ethernet and how to manage a mixed-speed network

     Routers, Switches, Hubs and Fabrics - Tasty management icing for the
     new layers of your network cake

     Network Troubleshooting - Tips and techniques for high-speed network
     administration

     BIND 8 without bandaids - How to make the switch at the core of your
     DNS management without cuts and scrapes

     Linux & Free UNIX - January 2000
     Proposals due: September 1, 1999
     Manuscripts due: October 1, 1999

     Selecting a Linux GUI - Issues to consider when choosing between CDE,
     KDE, and GNOME

     Managing Linux GUIs - How to set up and administer KDE and GNOME
     interfaces

     Using Linux or FreeBSD as the corporate email gateway - Configuration,
     management, and scaling issues at the enterprise border

     Large Linux - How best to configure and tune multiprocessor Linux
     systems

     Version Aversion - Managing Linux kernel versions within business
     environments

     Managing development on Linux - Compilers, revision controls, and
     development tools - are there sufficient choices?

     Web Admin - February 2000
     Proposals due: October 1, 1999
     Manuscripts due: November 1, 1999

     Content Management - How to manage Web content coming from various
     sources in all imaginable formats

     Web Server Performance Tuning - Tips and tricks for maximizing the
     performance of your server software

     Hardware Tuning - How to provide the best performance platform for Web
     operations

     Statistics Ballistics - How to target the best methods for gathering
     and analyzing Web statistics

     Web Security - Updates on current security methods for keeping the
     kids playing in the right sandbox

     Advanced Web Security - Choosing the right bricks and mortar for your
     e-commerce foundation

----- End forwarded message -----

Chris Farris				chrisf at nospam.room17.com
President 				Vice President
Room17 Enterprises			Atlanta Linux Showcase
http://www.room17.com/			http://www.linuxshowcase.org/
However, appearances usually matter more than reality in America, and
local media now report every gun incident in great detail. -- BBC