[ale] Kernel

Michael Hirsch hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Aug 16 15:49:18 EDT 1999

>>>>> "jj" == jj  <jj at spiderentertainment.com> writes:

    jj> It is interesting how little in depth docs are out there for
    jj> linux.  Myself I used to be an "NT guy" who had a large corp
    jj> raped around NT.  The amount of problems we had experienced
    jj> was incredible, but atleast there were docs.
<snip>
    jj> I figure Kernel would be the best start, to see exactly how it
    jj> works, break it down to the smallest details.

    jj> If you can point me to a resource, or anything, I would
    jj> greatly appreciate it.

I've been reading "Linux Kernel Internals" by Beck et al., published
by Addison-Wesley.  I'm finding it fairly readable.  It only goes up
to 2.0, so it is a bit dated, but a lot better than nothing.

--
--Michael