[ale] Linux ISP Dialing w/ MCI Worldcom

John Mills Jmills at TGA.com
Tue Aug 10 11:28:18 EDT 1999

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEE344.F9163FBE

Gene, et al -
> If not, who are the more Linux friendly ISPs in the > > metro Atlanta
area.

I have been happy with Avana <http://www.avana.net> - I have their regular
dial-in unlimited service. They discount if you pay 1 yr. up front, and
include reasonable web-space and bandwidth in the basic fee.

They have been helpful, and I understand several of their tech-support folks
run Linux (as in: "Sorry - I'm the one around here who doesn't run Linux,
but I'll get you the answer," and _getting_ me the answer).

You can get detailed help here [ALE]; Avana will be helpful rather than
negative - it's just that their tech support, setup instructions, and CD
installations are for Win* users. Setup was straightforward for me with Xisp
and RH4.2, and is probably easier with RH6.0. (It was perhaps helpful for me
to have set up PPP before with my GaTech account.)

  John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer
  TGA Technologies, Inc.
  100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140
  Norcross, GA 30071-3633
  e-mail: jmills at tga.com
  Phone: 770-441-2100 ext.124 (voice)
         770-449-7740 (FAX)

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEE344.F9163FBE

</pre>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DISO-8859-1">
5.5.2232.0">
<TITLE>RE: [ale] Linux ISP Dialing w/ MCI Worldcom</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Gene, et al -</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>> If not, who are the more Linux friendly ISPs in =
the > > metro Atlanta area.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have been happy with Avana <<A =
HREF=3D"http://www.avana.net" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.avana.net</A>> - I have their regular =
dial-in unlimited service. They discount if you pay 1 yr. up front, and =
include reasonable web-space and bandwidth in the basic fee.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>They have been helpful, and I understand several of =
their tech-support folks run Linux (as in: &quot;Sorry - I'm the one =
around here who doesn't run Linux, but I'll get you the answer,&quot; =
and _getting_ me the answer).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>You can get detailed help here [ALE]; Avana will be =
helpful rather than negative - it's just that their tech support, setup =
instructions, and CD installations are for Win* users. Setup was =
straightforward for me with Xisp and RH4.2, and is probably easier with =
RH6.0. (It was perhaps helpful for me to have set up PPP before with my =
GaTech account.)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>  John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>  TGA Technologies, Inc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>  100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>  Norcross, GA 30071-3633</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>  e-mail: jmills at tga.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>  Phone: 770-441-2100 ext.124 (voice)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>         =
770-449-7740 (FAX)</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>