[ale] tpdualscan binary - newbie perplexed at compilation error

Jeff Dilcher dilcher at cueva.com
Thu Aug 5 18:23:54 EDT 1999

Hello,

I am installing Redhat 5.2 on a IBM thinkpad,
360cse.  This is a 486 with slim resources:
12 megs memory, and a 385meg hard drive.

When I run X, I get this funny "double image"
on the screen.  I have been told that this is
due to the way the 360cse utilizes video memory,
and the fix is to run a small program called
"tpdualscan” before starting X.

I have found the source, and am trying to compile
the binary.  I am getting the following output:

ld: cannot open -lc: No such file or directory

not being a programmer, I am not sure what to make
of this error, or, more importantly, how to remedy.

Anyone have a clue to share?  Or, even better yet,
happen to have tpdualscan compiled for RedHat 5.2
they can share?

Thanks!!

Jeff