[ale] Is the ale list being archived anymore?

Amy Ayers amy.ayers at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 4 12:50:01 EDT 1999

Chris Ricker wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Susan Liebeskind wrote:
>
> > Now that Amy Ayers has another project to keep her busy :-) and the ale
> > list is not being archived at Tech, is anyone else maintaining an ALE
> > email archive?
> >
> > I'd like to look back through some old postings, but not sure where to
> > find them.  The ale website simply points to the old hypermail list Amy
> > used to maintain. I checked egroups.com, and didn't see it there.
>
> The Georgia Tech archives still work (though not with lynx, for some reason
> that I don't have time to poke into right now).  See, for example,
> <http://list.gatech.edu/archives/ale/9810/5651.html>.
>
> No one's just bothering to break it down month-by-month like they had been,
> so everything after October 98 is under October 98.  Amy, I can't believe
> you guys didn't script that to happen automatically.  Cyberbuzz did ;-).

I did script it to happen automatically. Do you actually think
I would have been motivated enough to do that by hand? :) I
thought you knew me better than that! I think the script was
blown away when someone other than me reinstalled that machine
and it was never repaired. I provided a tar file to someone who
was going to set it up on ale.org, but I don't think that
happened - or maybe it's there and we don't know about it!

I can still get to that stuff if someone wants another tar
file. But I don't really have time to fix what's out there
at this point. It's simply incredible that I actually had the
time to write two paragraphs to this mailing list. :^)
(my lastest project: http://amy.ayers.home.mindspring.com/annie/
which is a self-modifying program.. as soon as I think I have
things debugged and figured out, the program changes. Susan
will know what I mean)

-Amy