[ale] Printer Tools?

hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Aug 3 10:32:57 EDT 1999

Nomad the Wanderer <nomad at orci.com> wrote:

> What type of printer do you have?  If I want to print a high-resolution
> image in color, which device would I use? (lpr -P<??> image.gif).

I have an HP 870 (I think.  It's at home right now and I'm not).  I can never
remember which device to use, so I look at my /etc/printcap file and check them
out.  There is a readme in the apsfilter stuff that says what to do to create
printers of different resolutions.  During the installation process for
apsfilter you can practice the various resolutions.  If you observe it
carefully you can see the command line that activates ghostscript with
different resolutions.

--Michael