[ale] interesting phenomenon

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Tue Aug 3 04:52:48 EDT 1999

Well, your mount point, /mnt/zip, is a perfectly ordinary directory, the
only thing differentiating it from other directories is the fact that you
mount your zip drive over it.  I think that you may have at one point in
time written the files there without the zip drive mounted, and so the
files are actually residing on the hard disk at /mnt/zip, rather than on
the zip disk you thought you mounted there.

When you mount another zip disk, its contents supersede the contents of
/mnt/zip.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
US Troops out of Kosovo NOW!