[ale] Recent problems with Mindspring

Jeffery B Layton g593851 at fs2.mar.lmco.com
Mon Aug 2 06:40:13 EDT 1999

Hello,

   I hate to bring up an ISP on a Linux list, but I've seen
that many Linux folks use and like Mindspring. However, my
recent experience doens't match up with this.
   I've used Mindspring since Jan. 1998 and I've had no
problems until about May. I switched my payment method to
a "paper" bill instead of letting Mindspring charge my
credit card. However, I just received a termination notice
from them for payment I mailed over 3 weeks ago! (23 days
to be exact). They claim it's the US mail that takes
several weeks to deliver a letter from Roswell to Atlanta.
I'm sorry, I'm no fan of the US Postal Service, but 3
weeks? Thats seems like a big excuse for a big problem
in billing.
   Has anybody else encountered recent problems with them?
Also, I've followed some past discussions about ISP's, but
I can't recall the name of the one that also offers ADSL
(I may goe that route in the near future).

Thanks for listening,

Jeff Layton

jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
-or-