[ale] Printer Tools?

linuxhat at mailandnews.com linuxhat at mailandnews.com
Sun Aug 1 10:33:43 EDT 1999

On 31 Jul 1999, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:

>I'm currenty using RedHat-6.0 and it's built in printer stuffs for my
>printer server.

>Under dos/windows there was a util I could use to tell the printer to
>clean itself.  Is there anything similar for Linux?

Not to my knowledge...

>Are there any packages out that will allow me to use my printer in
>greater than 300x300 resolution without spending a week hacking
>drivers, etc?

Most of the drivers I've peeked at on lasers will let you do that;
dunno about bubblejets... (hmmm, checks
/usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb and discovers all the hot
goodies.... )  Yes, it will drive the Epsons at 1440x720dpi... etc..

-- Glenn
you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)
                   [Linus Torvalds in <4rikft$7g5 at linux.cs.Helsinki.FI>