[ale] Email Tracking tool?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Fri Apr 30 00:35:22 EDT 1999

  Sorry,  Was trying to get the request out before a meeting.
Here's the scenario:

A user hits a web page and hits the "contact us" button, which
generates an email to a list of support people.  The robot
makes note of the email, date, and such.  when the Support people
respond, the robot again notes the date, etc.  This continues.
In the long run, this robot should be able to tell withing a given
time span, how many incidents were opened, how many mails on average
per incident,  howmany mails for a specific incident, the number of
days for turn around, and similar stats.

Robert

Thus spake Chris Ricker (kaboom at gatech.edu):

> On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
>

> >   One of my groups was using an email tracking tool known as "emailrobot"
> > to do statistics and tracking of email withing groups on an NT server.
> > They've determined it's not working right.  All the GPF's were some
> > hint.
> >
> >   At any rate, they're leaving the table open and I'm looking for  Un*x
> > solution.  Does anyone know of anything, or am I going to be writing
> > a procmail/perl solution?
> >

> It would probably help if you gave us a better idea of what emailrobot does.
>
> later,
> chris
>
> --
> Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu
>                                                   chris.ricker at m.cc.utah.edu

Robert L. Harris                |   Y1K = Dark Ages and Black Plague
Senior System Administrator II  |   Y2K = Windows2000 and BSOD
  at Great West Life.           \_

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: