[ale] Win98 <-> Linux network

jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com
Wed Apr 28 10:29:54 EDT 1999

I got one.  When you use the crossover cable, the drivers in both machines may
be sensing that they can duplex and do so accordingly.  If you take away the
crossover cable and wire up the hub, one driver or the other (or both) may not
be changing to half-duplex.  Try wiring up the hub and rebooting both machines
(although I suppose you could just take down the Linux machine's interface and
bring it back up).

- Jeff

David Boardman <david.boardman at arris-i.com> on 04/28/99 10:04:41 AM