[ale] Redhat 6.0 available for download

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Apr 28 10:02:20 EDT 1999

"Dunlap, Randy" wrote:

> I don't recall the support policies that go along with
> RedHat's new pricing structure, but they are selling
> RH 6.0 CD-ROMs (no book) for $39.95, or CD-ROMs, book,
> and support (I believe) for $79.95 according to one
> web page that I saw a few days ago (on zdnet IIRC).
>
> The $40 package is for experienced users who don't
> need the manual and/or support -- that's how the web
> page explained it.
>
> /Randy

If you're willing to wait a bit, you will probably be able to get a
better deal via retail.  I've purchased both 5.2 and 5.1 retail with a
book under the price Red Hat was selling directly.  5.2 came with a
rebate that made it virtually free.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl