[ale] reading msword docs

Mike Kachline kachline at medept17.coon.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 27 16:40:59 EDT 1999

> >         I prefer to use Word Perfect personally. WP for Linux is free so
<snip>
> The version I downloaded was not a full version.  Is this still the
> case?
<snip>
	Well, I've noticed that if you just download the tarball from
corel's site and *don't* register it, then a lot of functionality is
greyed out; plus, you get the annoying "This product will expire in 90
days" box. However, upon registering the software, I've been happy with
the functionality provided; clear printouts, import ability for just about
everything, and just about all of the bells and whistles I would ever
need. If, however, WP does disable features on the "free" version, then
well, I haven't found a need for any of those features yet.

							- Mike
Michael Kachline CS, Georgia Institute of Technlology
kachline at brightstar.gt.ed.net
http://brightstar.gt.ed.net/kachline