[ale] Migrating from WindoZe to Linux.

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Apr 26 16:52:44 EDT 1999

You need to look into Samba, http://www.samba.org/

> their clients (win 95, 98 and NT) if at all possible.  My NT infrastructure
> requires a file serving, DHCP, print services, and application serving
> (particularly handling server side groupware application such as Lotus Notes).

I can't help you with all of this, but I currently do the file serving,
print services via Samba.  I have two printers, one on a win95 box, the
other on my Linux box.  I have four computers connected to this network
and any one of them can print to either printer.  Same thing with file
sharing.  This is all facilitated via Samba.

I understand Linux now supports DHCP, but I've not a clue as I don't use
it.  I don't know if you can do the application serving stuff, as I've
not attempted this either.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl