[ale] Migrating from WindoZe to Linux.

oojior at udc.com oojior at udc.com
Mon Apr 26 12:33:17 EDT 1999

Greetings

Can anyone provide direction to documentation or other resourceful information
on migrating from a Microsoft Windows NT network infrastructure to a Linux
network infrastructure?

My main concern (since Linux is technically, and otherwise, a more efficient
network operating system than MS Win NT) is to process the migration with little
or no effect to the users.  I don't want my users to have to make any changes to
their clients (win 95, 98 and NT) if at all possible.  My NT infrastructure
requires a file serving, DHCP, print services, and application serving
(particularly handling server side groupware application such as Lotus Notes).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks