[ale] keyboard issues

Jim Williams dalavon at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 17:01:26 EDT 1999

Hello all,
I have finally made Linux (RH5.2 with the kernel it shipped
with...2.0.3??) my workstation at my new job.
I have one of those ergonomic M$ keyboards that I like to use but I am
having a strange problem.  After the system runs for awhile I notice
the lights start to blink on the keyboard and then I lose all keyboard
input.  Then in a bit they blink again and control is restored.  This
keeps happening until the keyboard just completely dies (hard to
shutdown cleanly at this point).

It seems to not be happening with this generic keyboard I am using now
but I have not been on it for very long.

Preferably I would like some suggestions on other ergonomic keyboards
so I can scrap this last piece of M$ garbage.  My wrists get sore with
a normal keyboard, especilly when I work out so I need a solution.
Hard to write code when your fingers won't go where you want.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this with these keyboards and
fixed it.  I do not want to just start changing the keyboard type and
screw up my access to this system.

Jim Williams
Software Developer, ICC/GRSoftware

===