[ale] [OFF TOPIC] computer programmers interview

-ian i.kicks at excite.com
Fri Apr 23 16:47:35 EDT 1999

     For my 9th grade economics class I am being forced to do research on a
prospective career.  Here is an interview, if some --proffessional
programmers-- would mind to fill this interview out it would be much
appreciated.
-ian

1. How did you become interested in this field?

2. Where did you go to school? What was your major? How long did it take you
to prepare for an entry-level job?

3. Other than education what other personal traits does a person need to be
successful in your field?

4. What experiences did you have that helped you to get started in this
career?

5. How did you get your current postition?

6. What do you do on a daily basis?

7. What do you particularly like about your daily work?

8. What do you least like about your daily work?

9. Would you encourage me to consider this line of work?

10. What kind of lifestyle does this career allow? How many hours must you
work weekly?

11. Other than income how does this benefit you and your family?

12. What colleges are known for good preparation in your field?

13. What can I major in to prepare for a career similar to yours?

14. What advice can you give me as I consider this field and begin my
college search and education?

15. Currently, is it easy to find a job in your field?

16. What future advancements do you see in your field?

17. What are the most common proffesional organizations that people in your
field belong to?

18. Are there areas of the country where there is higher demand for people
in your field?

19. Do most people in your field work for large companies or as independent
contractors?

20. What do you wish you had done differently in preparing for your career?

Thank you.

http://www.geocites.com/TimesSquare/Stadium/2222