[ale] Odd execute problem

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Wed Apr 21 00:33:29 EDT 1999

  I wrote a perl script.  I verified the path in the #! line and I've
triple checked the perms.

  If I have the file in /Downloads and execute "./fixsfv"  or
"/Downloads/fixsfv" I can't execute.  "Permission denied."  If I
add /Downloads to my path and try either of the above or even just
call it by path, it fails with the same error.

  If I copy the file to /usr/local/bin, I can execute it fine.

fstab:
/dev/sdb1               /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
/dev/sde1               /Downloads              ext2    defaults        0 2

mount:
/dev/sdb1 on / type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sde1 on /Downloads type ext2 (rw)

Thoughts...
  Robert

Robert L. Harris                |    Windows is to Unix
Senior System Administrator II  |      what 'hooked on phonics'
  at Great West Life.           \_       is to Shakespeare

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: