[ale] Linux figures

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Mon Apr 19 21:47:32 EDT 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:45:27 -0400 Irv Mullins <irv at ellijay.com> writes:
>I think you can get a free sample copy from their website.
>www.linuxjournal.com

Yes, I guess I could take a look at it, and decide if it is worth it.

>I used to do a lot of network installations, and it was
>common to find huge piles of pc's going into the dumpster.
>If you can get to the network admin, he or she can probably
>make up a pile of pc's that have "known good" innards which
>you can have for $25 or $50.

	The network admin of where? Do you know of any known places which
will do such a thing? (I am quite desperate now, and this would be really
nice!!!) Oh yeah, any of you ALE people that are listening in, if you
have such deals, give me a buzz. I'm looking for either motherboards and
processors (probably 300MHz so that I don't have to upgrade soon), good
power supplies, 14 or 15 inch SVGA monitors (at least 1024x768 and I
don't know much about color depth, but preferably better than the 8bpp
that this family system is running), and possibly an ethernet card and/or
hub (I'm not sure if we have enough cards or if we'll need a hub yet, but
the hub is a probably (For anywhere from 3 to 5 computers (Some are
friends, I wish they were all mine!). And I don't know if you heard my
story on my last post, but I am short on money, so I am looking for low
prices. :)

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]