[ale] Need recommendations on a laptop

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Apr 19 19:34:39 EDT 1999

Mine is old by these days standards.  P166, but it runs Linux solid.
It's an HP5700.  I recently upgraded it to a 6 gig drive.  Everything
works.  C&T video, PCMCIA, SCSI, docking station, external scsi syjet,
scsi umax scanner, Spellcaster ISDN card in the docking station.  I'm
running RH 5.2 and dual boot NT when I have to.  Before this one I had
an HP5500 and it was just as comfortable running Linux.  If HP has
stayed with a similar approach, on their later models, you shouldn't
have any problems.  Big if though...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl