[ale] Linux figures

Irv Mullins irv at ellijay.com
Mon Apr 19 16:45:27 EDT 1999

Michael B Golden wrote:
> re: Linux Journal

I think you can get a free sample copy from their website.
www.linuxjournal.com

> I won't even bother to ask if you know of any places to get the stuff I
> need cheap, as I never get any good answers. :( (I don't even care if it
> is used as long as it works, except the motherboard and processor, I want
> at least an AMD K6-2 300 so that I don't have to upgrade soon. But 400 is
> preferable. ;)  ) Thanks for the help you have given, and will give.

I used to do a lot of network installations, and it was
common to find huge piles of pc's going into the dumpster.
If you can get to the network admin, he or she can probably
make up a pile of pc's that have "known good" innards which
you can have for $25 or $50.

Irv