[ale] reading MS Word files

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Mon Apr 19 09:49:23 EDT 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Wandered Inn wrote:

> "Glenn C. Lasher Jr." wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Philip Rodgers wrote:
> >
> > > staroffice can read msword files
> >
> > ...so can Word Perfect.... and Word Perfect is much less of a resource
> > hog.
>
> As well as Applixware, but I don't know about resource issues.  I've
> never had any problems with it.

Well, my system is a little old (K5 at 133MHz, 32MB RAM) and I found that
StarOffice ran ungodly slow on it.  Inexcusably slow, even.  The real MS
product running under NT on the same machine was about four times as fast.

...but then again, I rarely ever boot into NT for other reasons.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
US Troops out of Kosovo NOW!