[ale] FAILED INSTALL -> xcdroast on RedHat5.2 <- What Now ?

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 19 02:34:03 EDT 1999

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Courtney Thomas wrote:

> Greetings !
>
> Installed the xcdroast.rpm on redhat5.2 and am not allowed to choose
> "necessary" options in  install, e.g. which burner I'm using, even
> though it detects it, etc.....

do you mean in xcdroast setup?

> BTW, must I compile in generic SCSI support, even though using  IDE
> ATAPI drive?

yes

> Even though I clicked on "don't show again" the disclaimer keeps
> insisting.

sounds like your options arent saving

> Also, when I attempt to "Copy Data CD", as soon as I click, the screen
> blows up and on reviewing the xterm from which I launched xcdroast, it
> never cleans up and exits w/o ctrl-C.

This might be because of a lack of sg

> I installed as follows:
>
>     cd /usr/local/bin
>     rpm -ivh xcdroast*.rpm

I dont use redhat so I have no idea what that is.

I have been having problems w/ xcdroast recently as well (mainly not
saving preferences, so I cant burn) so I have been using mkisofs and
cdrecord manually which works fine.

Nick