[ale] FAILED INSTALL -> xcdroast on RedHat5.2 <- What Now ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Sun Apr 18 12:19:58 EDT 1999

Greetings !

Installed the xcdroast.rpm on redhat5.2 and am not allowed to choose
"necessary" options in  install, e.g. which burner I'm using, even
though it detects it, etc.....

BTW, must I compile in generic SCSI support, even though using  IDE
ATAPI drive?

Even though I clicked on "don't show again" the disclaimer keeps
insisting.

Also, when I attempt to "Copy Data CD", as soon as I click, the screen
blows up and on reviewing the xterm from which I launched xcdroast, it
never cleans up and exits w/o ctrl-C.

I installed as follows:

    cd /usr/local/bin
    rpm -ivh xcdroast*.rpm