[ale] weird windowmaker problem

Dave Brooks db at disctech.net
Sun Apr 18 14:32:44 EDT 1999

Yeah, I had toughly the same problem with Eterms with Window
Attributes.  RIght-click on the title-bar of one of the RXVT's, and the
first screen that pops up will enable you to set the Window's "name".
For instance, my Eterm's had the coices of (each with a radio button
beside it):

Eterm-0.8.7.Eterm
Eterm-0.8.7
Eterm

You should see something similar for RXVT's.  Simply set each RXVT to a
different type, and if you change one of the icons for one, it will only
effect the same windows that pop up with the same type.

I have a question for you:
I opened an Eterm and dragged the icon over to the dock to dock it, and
then tuned the command line it executed.  However, whenever I execute
that Eterm, the icon on the dock goes "white" for as long as I have that
Eterm open, preventing me from opening another Eterm until it's closed.
How can I fxit hat so that I can spawn multiple Eterms?

Regards,
Dave

--
david a. brooks