[ale] Samba book

Steve Lewis sglewis at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 17 16:36:08 EDT 1999

I have a copy of the book you mention and it is worth the money.  To the
best of my knowledge this is the only book available on the subject, so I
guess it's the best one. :)  Actually it would be hard to come up with a
better book on the subject.

Books will always lag behind the software.  Until we get to the point where
books are updated constantly and printed on demand, they will always lag
behind a dedicated team of software developers working hard on enhancing
their code.  Even when your book matches the version of software you are
using, you should always look at the documentation file(s) included with the
software for changes.

The changes from 1.9 to 2.0 are mainly in the form of additions, and what is
in the book will work with 2.0.  The documentation that's include with samba
is particularly well written and should guide you through any differences.

Hope this helps.

Steve Lewis