[ale] X & Debian

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at whitestar.soark.net
Sat Apr 17 10:54:04 EDT 1999

--qOrJKOH36bD5yhNe

Remove the xdm package...
If it comes up that xbase depends on xdm then simply remove xbase, it is
now simply a empty package which depends on other packages to ease
upgrading..

Zephaniah E. Hull.

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 08:22:59AM -0400, Bill Ripley wrote:
> Could someone please tell me what Debian 2.1 uses to start xdm. I looked
> in /etc/inittab and the runlevel is set to 2. Should I change this to 3
> to prevent X from starting automatically?
>=20
> TIA
>=20
> Bill
>=20

--=20
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp at whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.
           CCs of replies from mailing lists are encouraged.

--qOrJKOH36bD5yhNe

--qOrJKOH36bD5yhNe--