[ale] kernel 2.2.5

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Fri Apr 16 16:57:57 EDT 1999

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 03:13:44PM -0400, Joel Bushart wrote:
> I just upgraded to the 2.2.5 kernel and somehow managed to kill my dhcp
> clients abilities. I have not changed any config files or hardware, however
> the client now no longer works. I was previously using kernel 2.0.34. my dist
> is redhat 5.1 and I have a generic ne2000 net card. any ideas or pointers on

2.2.x breaks older versions of dhcpcd. There are updated RPMs for dhcpcd and
other packages on ftp.redhat.com underneath some kind of kernel-2.2 subdir.
Also, be aware that both the BOOTP and DHCP clients are unified in RH 5.9/6.0
(starbuck) by a client called pump, so make sure you grab that package should
you upgrade to 5.9/6.0.

Fulton Green
http://www.FultonGreen.com/