[ale] bucket o' miscellaneous questions

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at tfreeman.vnet.net
Fri Apr 16 13:21:01 EDT 1999

Question 1 I have a partial for - I just obtained a Seagate drive from JDR
Micro Devices, on the grounds that it was the best price I had found for
the capacity on SCSI. It is a STT28000N-RF model, FWIW.

Performance? <<blush>> I haven't a clue - haven't gotten the new cable for
my box and installed. 8-(.

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Nick Lucent wrote:

> I have a bunch of questions that I have been meaning to ask, so here it
> goes.
> 1. Im planning on buying a tape backup, can anyone recommend one that is
> scsi, and backs up about 8gb (compressed, 4 gb uncompressed). Preferably
> hp or seagate as those are the two I have experience with.

<<snip>>
Thompson Freeman           Even the Immortal Brahma
                           Shaves before he hugs his mama
tfreeman at vnet.net          Karma Shave