[ale] bucket o' miscellaneous questions

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 15 21:46:56 EDT 1999

I have a bunch of questions that I have been meaning to ask, so here it
goes.
1. Im planning on buying a tape backup, can anyone recommend one that is
scsi, and backs up about 8gb (compressed, 4 gb uncompressed). Preferably
hp or seagate as those are the two I have experience with.

2. In the mean time is there anyway that I can automate a backup to a
cdr/cdrw?

3. Is there anyway to run svgalib programs w/ a framebuffer? Right now it
apparently shuts my monitor down (light goes orange). Im running at
1024x768 textmode framebuffer if thats important.

4. I have a 100bt network at home using a 3com hub, and linksys 10/100tx
NIC's (tulip driver), Is there any way to force the card into full duplex
instead of half?

Thanks for the help

Nick