[ale] Having problems with .procmailrc

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Thu Apr 15 14:05:38 EDT 1999

I have been using .procmailrc files for some time now to route email from
various sources to specific places (e.g. I have an ALE mailbox, separate
from my main mailbox) and it has worked well.  Lately, however, I have
started adding recipes to the .procmailrc file to kill spam, but it is
somehow slipping by anyway.  Here is the most troublesome
recipe:
-----------------------------------------8<-cut-here--------------------
# CLUBMAIL CLAUSE
#
# This controls dispatches from clubmail, who have not seemed to
# respond to mutiple requests by multiple paths to cease.

:0
* ^From.*maila\.z-comp\.com
{
	:0
	/home/glasher/mail/JUNK
}

...now despite this recipe, I still keep getting email from ClubMail and
now from BuyWireless, both of which come from maila.z-comp.com.  I don't
understand why, because if I take my mailbox and egrep it thus:

	egrep "^From.*maila\.z-comp\.com" /var/spool/mail/critter

...egrep successfully finds the offending from line.  What is going wrong?

--
critter at Wizvax.Net
US Troops out of Kosovo NOW!