[ale] VMware and RH5.2

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Wed Apr 14 23:43:36 EDT 1999

I did have it lock my Linux machine, but when I had e drives (cd not
included) and  and ALOT of disk IO.  I cut back to 2 drives + CD and it
was able to take more IO.  I cut back to 1 drive (2Gig) and CD and I haven't
had a lock since.

If you find a bug like this, report it.  They're very good about following up
on them.  All the bugs I found in .103 were fixed in .106.

Robert

Thus spake Wandered Inn (esoteric at denali.atlnet.com):

> UnderGrid Founder wrote:
>
> > it... for some reason it just makes more sense to close the window when it
> > locks up (which Windoze is known to do) then be forced to reboot the machine.
>
> You misread my post.  My Linux box locks up, not just the vmware
> window.  There is no response to keyboard/mouse anything.  Xdaliclock is
> even frozen.  If it was just the vmware window, I would certainly just
> kill that window. :)
>
> --
> Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
>
> It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
> 	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl

Robert L. Harris                |    Windows is to Unix
Senior System Administrator II  |      what 'hooked on phonics'
  at Great West Life.           \_       is to Shakespeare

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: