[ale] Linux Mail client for Exchange server

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Apr 14 21:38:31 EDT 1999

The last thing I'm not able to do via Linux for work that is a real
headache, is retrieve email from an exchange mail server.  Although
Exchange does support both pop and imap, it is not enabled by default
and the folks at work, in all there wisdom have decided not to.

I'm considering writing a mail client for Linux for this purpose.  My
expectation is that I will need to do a bit if sniffing to understand
the send/requests that Outlook and Exchange perform.  I'm looking for
suggestions for some decent tools to do this.  Any suggestions?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl