[ale] NT vs LINUX can it be true?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Apr 14 16:05:46 EDT 1999

I find it interesting that the update mentions the Novell stuff, since
exactly the same thing is going on here.  Microsoft paid for a report which
inaccurately demonstrated that their product is better than Novell's.

Look at how they configured Apache:

MinSpareServers 1
MaxSpareServers 290
StartServers 10
MaxClients 290
MaxRequestsPerChild 10000

That's not going to be optimal, obviously.

Furthermore, they clearly don't know Linux.  They ran kerneld (don't do that
with 2.2), they state several inaccuracies (mke2fs does support block sizes
above 4096, etc.), etc.

As for who paid for it, it was Microsoft.

I'd expect that Red Hat will have an independent rebuttal shortly.

Linux certainly isn't the end-all, be-all OS some proponents make it out to
be, but this "test" was just crap.

later,
chris