[ale] VMware and RH5.2

cfowler at avana.net cfowler at avana.net
Wed Apr 14 17:19:34 EDT 1999

I've actually ran an existing os (Win95) with little issues.
 The docs online do not tell you how to do this.  I found out
by looking at news://news.vmware.com and going through the news
articles.

To do this first download the new version of vmware-wizard at:

http://www.vmware.com/software/vmware-wizard.gz

run it with the '-rawdisk' option and this will allow you to
specifiy a raw disk that would have and existing os.

Expect it to run very slow and have some problems.

Chris