[ale] VMware and RH5.2

cfowler at avana.net cfowler at avana.net
Wed Apr 14 17:08:07 EDT 1999

I would assume Linux is host OS and NT is guest OS and top does
not show vmware at the top of CPU load.

I noticed this high CPU load on Linux when Win98 was sitting
at a login box.  I was not doing anything in 98.  I also played
around by changing the nice level of the vmware process to see
if that speed thing up any.  It does speed thing up some.

Have you been able to do fully everything you need to do under
NT to make vmware worth the effort?

My main problem is the fact I'm running vmware on a P-133 with
82MB ram.  It took a full night to load 98

Chris