[ale] VMware and RH5.2

cfowler at avana.net cfowler at avana.net
Wed Apr 14 15:29:51 EDT 1999

http://www.vmware.com/software/vmware-wizard.gz

This fixes all problems with vmware-wizard.  If you do not have
a fast processor it will run very slow.  I have been able to
run FreeBSD 2.2.6 and Win98 under vmware.  My PC is too slow
to run Solaris 2.5 and would not boot up OpenBSD.  I have not
tried NetBSD.  They state you can not run SCO or UnixWare.  Hope
this info helps.

It seems that when the guest OS is idle vmware runs around 95%
of CPU time on the host OS.  I hope the final product does not
do this.

Please email me your comments on vmware.

Chris