[ale] What's this guy doing? (OFFTOPIC: B5)

Glenn R. Stone gstone at mediaone.net
Tue Apr 13 12:20:34 EDT 1999

Charles Shapiro wrote:

> OK, I know what BOFH is. We even have a couple of those around the office.
> "Script kiddies" is obvious.  And I used the jargon file to find out about
> LARTs. But what the heck is a "Narn Bat"?  Is it similar to a
> "clue-by-four"?

A Narn is one of a very old race of militant aliens in the Babylon 5 universe.
While deeply religious, these turtle-looking humanoid creatures love a good
fight, especially when they can thump on their enemies hand-to-hand (cf. "A
Late Delivery from Avalon").  A Narn Bat Squad is an organized group of same
wielding wooden clubs in order to apply discipline to someone who is out of
line, be it one of their own or a particularly distasteful enemy (cf. "And The
Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place").  Unfortunately, some of the less hardy
races do not survive the drubbing... too bad. :)

For more info on what is arguably the best science fiction television has ever
seen, see the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5,
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/lurker.html

(Yes, I'm proposing street justice.  Like these idjits are going to see any
other kind.  I'll save the rest of the rant... 'cause you guys are smart.
You'll figure it out.)

cat trek.flames >/dev/null 2>&1 &

-- gs
"A most *satisfying* thump." -- Citizen G'Kar, "A Late Delivery from Avalon"