[ale] What's this guy doing?

UnderGrid Founder undrgrid at undergrid.net
Mon Apr 12 16:00:35 EDT 1999

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

Michael Hirsch decided to waste my bandwidth saying:
> Jim Popovitch writes:
> > Michael, Is this what you are talking about?  If so, where can I find m=
ore
> > specifics on this bug?
>=20
> Oops.  You are right--this bug was not in RH 5.2, but it was in 5.1.
> My bad.
>=20
> It must be popular not to fix this bug.  I still get people probing
> my machine with this even though the fix has been out since August.
>=20
> I tried looking this up at www.rootshell.com, but they don't seem to
> be up right now.
>=20
	Whether it was not affect'd in RH5.2 doesn't mean the damn fsckin=20
script kiddies of the world won't try it.. Debian isn't vulnerable to this=
=20
exploit (as evident by the fact they've tried it repeatedly against my mach=
ines
prior to my firewall being convert'd from ipfwadm to ipchains and the repea=
ted
attempts being made since the firewalls inception as evident by the most re=
cent
report I've made to an ISP as of this morning).

	I just wish there was a more effective way to deal with script kiddies
than making reports to their provider with full documented evidence. I'm all
for a good "script kiddie LART-fest"... maybe that would put the fear of the
BOFH in them... as simply reporting it just begins a never-ending cycle of =
them
losing one account and getting another one from a different provider (or if=
 the
provider is dense enuf the same provider under another name/credit card).

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	AKA Tired of script kiddies who should just be shot

--=20
,--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
---,
| Jeremy T. Bouse  -  UnderGrid Network Services, LLC  -   www.UnderGrid.ne=
t  |
|     PGP ID/Fingerprint: 1024/E83D9AE5/4ACC03F098D78198 19D0593E50E597E9  =
   |
|         Public PGP key available via 'finger undrgrid at UnderGrid.net'     =
   |
| undrgrid at UnderGrid.net  -  NIC Whois: JB5713  -  Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.n=
et |
|      promotion, n.: New title, new salary, new office, same old crap.    =

---'

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--