[ale] Can Linux RAS into a NT box?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Apr 12 11:48:49 EDT 1999

> Matt Williams wrote:
>
> I have Internet access at work and i can RAS in from home and access
> the net over MS proxy server 2.0.  I was gung-ho to save money, so i
> immediately cancelled my ISP account when this service became
> available at work. however, in my haste, i forgot to test my Linux box
> as well to see if it could connect to work.  at work we have a NT
> domain that we RAS into and to get internet access, we have the client
> machine point to the proxy server.  can Linux RAS into a NT domain? i
> tried with SUSE 6.0 and with the kppp program.  i connected, but then
> it said PPP unexpectedly quit.  I'm at a loss as to my next move.

What exactly are you looking from from the NT box?  It is possible to
connect to an NT box for Internet connectivity, but you may be looking
for more.  I've done this both via an ISP as well as from work.  It may
be that they are using M$'s version of chap, and in that case, there are
docs telling you how to get around this.

What does the output from your ppp process look like?  From
/usr/log/messages or where ever else they might be going..

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl