[ale] Windows -> Linux dial out

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 9 14:51:09 EDT 1999

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Thompson Freeman wrote:

> Well - I've got a really ugly approach that works pretty well here. Since
> RH installs Apache by default, I point all browsers at a web page on the
> server machine. CGI scripts then bring up and drop the ppp link, and may
> be called from any machine on the house network.
>
> It isn't very idiot resistant, and it does require a little cooperation to
> get along with two people on line, but it works for us.

By getting along w/ two people I assume you mean multiple connections at
once? That wont be an issue, this is just for her, I keep a terminal open
to a ssh session on that box so i can run it locally. Is there anyway of
blocking external connections from bringing the link down? Ive played w/
apache, but never done anything indepth with it, is cgi hard to setup?
Thanks for your help

Nick