[ale] Time synching

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 8 13:38:17 EDT 1999

At 12:33 PM 4/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>xtpd just begins with an x.
>It has nothing to do with X-Windows. :-)
>
>It is definitely the program you are looking for.
>
>Try to find documentation in /usr/doc/xntpd??????? if you are using redhat.
>(Where ?????? is a version number) or search Yahoo.

Mike pointed this out to me.

I am running slakware on the systems here, so xntpd was not on the system.
I did find an older version of it at sunsite in rpm format.  It is,
however, the source so I do not know how well it will compile.  At any
rate, it is downloading as we speak, so I should know in the next 30
minutes or so if I can run with this or see if I can find an archive binary
somewhere.

Bob