[ale] VMWare General Question

root db at disctech.net
Thu Apr 8 00:35:05 EDT 1999

Okay, Okay--

I realize I'm probably going to get barked at on this one, but I feel
it's a linux-related question. :)
I'm using VMWare for linux, which by the way is truly amazing, if you
havent seen it yet.

Anyways, the question comes when I load the other OS in VMWare which
*ahem* happens to be Win98 *cringe*.   Since VMWare requires its own
X-server, is there any ways to get "accelerated" graphics inside the
VMWare screen?  (I'm only getting 16 colors.  It's quite annoying).
What hardware would Windows recognize an X-server as?

If you feel I need to be lambasted, please do so in a polite way. :)

--
david a. brooks
trusted net, inc.