[ale] securid and ppp

Mark Cantrell mcantrell at inetnow.net
Wed Apr 7 22:26:21 EDT 1999

I'm needing to dial up to a lan for a ppp session.  But its one of those
secureid thingies.  So the password changes like every minute.  I'm
pretty sure its using pap once it has the username and password.  The
problem is I can't just put the password into a chat script.

On the evil win machine, it just pops up a terminal window to let me
enter the username/password then it authenicates just like a normal
dial-up ppp session would,  and assigns me an ip address.

Has anyone dialed up using securid with a linux client before?  I guess
I could use minicom and then start up pppd and set the default route and
all that stuff, but there must be an easier way.

thanks
Mark