[ale] heh Screen savers

S. Lastinger slastinger at realminfo.com
Wed Apr 7 17:30:02 EDT 1999

Patrick Ramsey wrote:

[snip]

> Does the Workstation install of RH5.2 include screen savers?

no

mount the cd and rpm fortune (a dependency of xlockmore) and then rpm
xlock
(these are you generic screensavers that the menu options refer to)
There are a ton of others that the menu does not list.  See the man page
on xlock once installed

...and then there's always the clasic "blank screen" ; )

 When I switch to Afterstep Desktop I have a whole grip of screen savers
to chose from but none light off.  Is this just a generic menu that
Afterstep loads with ... [ snip]

yes

> Anyone know of any cool screen savers other than the "pre-installed"  :)

XScreenSaver (i believe 3.07 is the latest version ...but don't quote me
on that one)

-Stephen

Stephen Lastinger - slastinger at realminfo.com
Quality Assurance Manager